Sunday, July 20, 2014

THE way to clean up old dirty oil (vegetable oil)

" After a decade running WVO on the same engine [now heading for 400,000 in my Pilot] I have found THE way to clean up old dirty oil. After a long time settling and only drawing off above the 'gunk line' treat yourself and buy a centrifuge, NOT a small spinner, they're useless. Get a decent machine such as one from usfiltermaxx, not cheap but wow are they fast and efficient. You can easily clean 50 litres in an hour and the oil comes out like lager. If you'e not using twin tanks thoroughly mix with diesel before you spin it, I use a commercial stick blender. Although I always carry a spare filter I've not changed mine in the year I've had the machine and no tell-tale signs that I need so to do as yet."

Thanks to Beryl
on http://ldvsherpauk.prophpbb.com
(http://ldvsherpauk.prophpbb.com/post307.html#p307)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and posting. Hope you found the blog helpful.
(Note that if you spam, you 're out. Don't waste your time nor mine.)