Tuesday, August 28, 2012

LDV Pilot DW8 and XUD9 engines

Peugeot DW8 engine
Lots of technical infos

Peugeot forum



Forum talk
"I have heard several times that the DW8 engine (1868cc) looks identical to the XUD9 engine (1905cc). They differ in the intake manifolds, that is one way to tell them apart.

Peugeot did not make a turbo version of the DW8, but it is availabel on the XUD9.
I am guessing that IF IF IF the intake manifold of a XUD9 diesel engine would fit on a DW8 engine block, then you would have the option to add a turbo as well."

2 comments:

  1. IS THE STARTER MOTOR THE SAME?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know nothing. Most of my knowledge I build up as things fall apart on my van ahah.
    Most of this knowledge also is figured out from asking questions on Club LDV social network group for LDV nutters; which I recommend you join if you own one of these loveable vans.
    Here is what Martin (from ClubLDV) replied to your question:
    "they are the same,any 1.9d berlingos etc as well,be carefull as you will need the lowest teeth,11 if i remember right,before buying another one test yours after removal with direct jump leads"

    Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and posting. Hope you found the blog helpful.
(Note that if you spam, you 're out. Don't waste your time nor mine.)