Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Brake vacuum pump replacement...

Yesterday the belt on the brake vacuum pump of the Pilot had its last spin ion a white smoke and the brakes went off on me.
Lucky I wasn't going fast and I wasn't far from a place to stop safely.
I was sold an approximately similar belt (according to seller) but it was a lot too short and I tried in good faith to fit it on but it only lead me to crack the pump's bracket. Don't replace thing in a hurry early in the morning if you can cause your brain might not be yet fully switched on. Mine wasn't.

It's an easy job with the right belt. I did it before.

Now I am after that part as I must go back to MOT second round very soon to show my brand new front shocks...

This is what it looks like on the DW8 diesel non turbo non a/c 2003.
The belt spec are Dayco 10A0675C.
(Thanks to Steve and Joshua from the LDV fb group!) 



9 comments:

  1. Any ideas where I can get a dw8 vacuum pump? None on eBay..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out club LDV on fb. very helpful group. Else try again on Ebay it'll come up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that. I was hoping that the same vacuum pump was used on other vehicles. Will check out fb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If yr engine s a DW8 PUG it might be used on other pug n citroen pug yes. Possibly some of the 306, 206, 106, berlingo and partner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Other dw8 engines use a different pump unfortunately. I found a good supplier up north in the end and one in Czechoslovakia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news Stewart! It'd be good if you would share the details of your vaccuum pump for LDV vans suppliers, whether up north (of UK I presume?) or in Czechoslovakia. We like to travel with our converted or camper vans and I know a few LDV van owners who live abroad, in eastern europe actually. Believe it or not I recently told by a ukrainian LDV van owner who live in UK that there are plenty of LDV vans in Ukraine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LUDO! Thanks for this post > I managed to order a belt for the vacuum pump with the dayco part number above which had somehow gone missing - thanksthanksthanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also- to fit the v-belt, I put it around the wheel from the engine and stretched as far as I could on the bottom of the pump wheel, cranked the engine one small crank and fitted itself--- all good :

    ReplyDelete
  9. related to this post in the forum: http://ldvsherpauk.prophpbb.com/topic219.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and posting. Hope you found the blog helpful.
(Note that if you spam, you 're out. Don't waste your time nor mine.)