Tuesday, January 14, 2014

2014!

This blog is mainly used to archive the repairs on the van so if I'm not posting it's a positive sign...
Since I changed the glow plugs it starts anytime - although it might have a cough now and then when it gets really cold (I think it's cause the battery cable isn't the newest) - and since I replaced the auxiliary belt no more squeaking. Happy days.
I also replaced the water with anti-freeze before the winter kicked in and finally got that puncture fixed on the spare wheel.
Meanwhile I spent loads of time archiving the resourceful discussions from the Fb LDV group onto the LDVsherpaUK forum (It's back and should soon be updated with the old threads I believe).
Next is trying to use fiberglass to save from and stop the rust on the piece over the wheel (yet to find the term for that)

Soon is time for MOT. Regarding this I have started working on fixing the floor but my arc welding skills are not the best. My equipment is basic and I am not so good at picking the right metal sheet. Anyhow I have asked for advice and I'm going to give it another go and probably complete the job with a bit of riveting where welding is not possible.
What I did so far is better than having the driver seat sinking in the floor on one side but you couldn't call it a finished and clean job either...
Past the safety measures one must take on, working with metal and welding is a lot of fun!

http://www.arc-welding-and-beyond.com/

Soon time for Road tax too.
and after that time to be skint again.

Happy new year to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and posting. Hope you found the blog helpful.
(Note that if you spam, you 're out. Don't waste your time nor mine.)