Saturday, September 8, 2012

LDV Pilot Break down number 1- logbook

About a week ago, there was a heavy load in the back and the alternator belt and water pump belt snapped as I was driving.
The engine kept running and pulling the van so I could drive to a parking place.
Luckily it wasn't the timing belt but without those belts the cam/timing belt could get damages too.
With friends' help the belts were replaced. I was sold the wrong alternator belt but although it is too short it did the job (It doesn't fit the diagram and misses going around one of the tensioner but the tension is good). I'm not totally sure the water pump belt is the correct one either but it works.

I still have to find the right alternator belt, replace it with the right tension and I need to check the timing belt before any long distance trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and posting. Hope you found the blog helpful.
(Note that if you spam, you 're out. Don't waste your time nor mine.)